Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Friday, July 24, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
What I've learned recently...What NOT to do: put Bath and Body Works lotion on face. So I got lazy and didn't want to find my moisturizer when my body lotion was right next to me. I rubbed a bit on my hand and put it on my face and boy... did it burn. Never doing that again!
I bought these wedges not too long ago cause I thought they looked cute. I'm sure you've all seen them before at any place that sells shoes, they're soda. I got them in all black, they're cute but they hurt after a while.. I wore them while shopping one day and I was dying of pain!!
I also bought these rain boots from target for the east coast when it rains since all I have are flip flops, flats, and Vans. I hope the pair I got aren't defective cause I read reviews and some of them fall apart D:! I was originally thinking of getting snow boots, but I think that's just very extreme.. those from the east coast.. do you wear snow boots?! I heard people who live in snowy areas don't really wear snow boots and only touristy ppl do... is that true?
Monday, July 13, 2009
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
My background: I have HORRIBLE eyesight. I wore glasses since I was 8 years old until about 14. My eyesight got worst every year in the interval. Around 14, I started wearing regular contact lenses, and that's also when my eyesight started stabilizing. So I guess I've worn regular contact lenses for about 7 years.
Why I decided to buy circle lenses: Honestly, I had no idea what circle lenses were until I did a little more research online. I've always wanted to try color contact lenses, but they were too expensive for me. I was a bit wary about buying contact lenses online from two girls, but I've found from experience and other reviews that the girls at Mesmerized eyes are very reliable and the lenses are authentic. I bought the lenses mostly for the colors, but I guess the added enlargement is a plus too.
Regular contacts vs. Circle Lenses vs. colored contacts: Circle lenses make your iris bigger, therefore making the person appear more "doll-like" because the eyes look bigger. Regular contacts are just clear. Colored contacts are similar to circle lenses in that it might have different colors to enhance the eyes, with the exception of the outer dark ring to make the eyes look bigger.
Buying circle lenses: I honestly do not recommend buying circle lenses if you have not seen the optometrist and had a proper eye exam for contact lenses. I bought the lenses because I knew my prescription for contacts (which is completely different from the prescription for a pair of glasses because the contact lens includes the base curve and diameter of the lens). Even so, I am still in some danger because each contact brand is different, thus might require a different prescription. However, I limit the time I wear circle lenses and hopefully that limits the risk I am taking.
Not to sound all parental and authoritative, but I think the health of your eyes is more important than the beauty of it. It is VERY easy to develop eye infections of the contact is handled or clean improperly, and improper lenses can also damage the eye.
Geo Lens general comfort: This comparison is generalized to all the Geo Lenses I've tried, and compared to my regular contact lens which, to me, is a 10/10. I think this is just me, but I can't wear Geo Lenses for an extended amount of time (in 5 hours it gets uncomfortable, 8 hours is max but by then my eyes are starving for oxygen). I suspect this is probably due to the percentage of water in comparison to my regular lenses. Geo Lenses are 38% water versus my regular lenses are 60% water. More water = more permeable = more oxygen flow. The geo lenses are also thicker, probably because they have an extra layer for color. However, I searched all over for reviews before purchasing and it seems that most people find them even more comfortable then their current lenses, and those who never wore contact lenses before also found them extremely comfortable. But overall, I wouldn't wear geo lenses all day because they are uncomfortable for me. Remember, everyone is different so it might be different for you.
Monday, July 6, 2009
1. I don't wear full-on makeup everyday, the whole shabang (full foundation, etc) comes out only for *special* events like anniversaries, haha. My daily routine usually consists of concealer, powder, mascara. If I have more time and feel like it, I'll do the whole eyeshadow, eyeliner thing. Yeh, I'm pretty lazy and I value sleep a lot more.
2. I HATE drama (who doesn't?), so I try to steer clear from it. Because of my neutral standing among friends, I'm always the one they vent to.. it's interesting to hear both sides, but I never intervene.
3. I used to be a gamer. I started playing video games at a young age (got my first old school nintendo when I was 8) I was pretty much a tomboy and probably still am, even though I don't look it. I don't play games that much anymore, ever since college started and I'm continuing on to graduate school, so no time to play time-consuming games.
4. I've worked part-time, continuously the entire time in college. My parents never let me get a job in high school so when I started college, I also started working. I've had 3 different jobs; all were related to technology/computers in some way. I'm starting graduate school in the fall and due to the heavy course-load, working is not recommended by the department, so it's kind of weird not working.
5. I'm the oldest child.
6. I tend to joke and poke fun at people that respond well to my sarcastic, apathetic humor.
7. I used to be really good at studying ahead and not procrastinating. This was when I first started college. It all went down hill since then. Ironically, my grades have been increasingly better. Maybe my "procrastinating" and "grades" are inversely related? :P
8. I'm more of a listener than a talker (cause I get tired when I talk too long, haha) but I can have rare moments where I won't shut up.
9. I get buyer's remorse reaaaallly easily. In order for me to buy something, I must reallly want it. Sometimes I wait a week or more to see if my desire to buy it is still there before purchasing.
10. Oh yeah, I'm looking for housing in Pittsburgh (shadyside/squirrel hill area) so if you're from around the area and know any good places, let me know! :)
I tag everyone, 'cause everyone should do it!!!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
It's been an interesting past couple of weeks. I went to northern California to UC Merced because my brother had orientation there. It was different because there wasn't much to do as it's literally in the middle of nowhere. Coming from Los Angeles, it was pretty interesting to see other parts of California, but I feel kind of sorry for my brother :P since I think he's more of a city person.
Friday, July 3, 2009
All blended in! The brown looks really scary and dark in the tub, but it all blends nicely afterwards.