Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Food Blog: Soy Yogurt thoughts

So I recently tried Trader Joe's Soy Yogurt in Peach.  Yes, that's right SOY yogurt.  I was pleasantly surprised in the taste.  Now, I'm usually a meat-lover (sorry vegans) and I used to be super meat eater (especially when I studied abroad in China when ate a total of one apple each month because my stomach did not like the fruit there.)  Needless to say, I came back to the U.S. with some nutritional problems but now that's all fixed cause I try to eat healthier.


So on to the Soy Yogurt.  I felt like it was such a surprise that I had to blog about it.  Plus, I don't really have any beauty related things to talk about yet.. been busy with school.

Anyway.. at first glance, the soy yogurt looked pretty normal, comparable to regular yogurt.  Orangey, thick, globs of white with little bits of peach fruits.  The first bite was kinda bland.  I think I was trying to compare it to regular yogurt.  By the time I got to the fifth bite, it wasn't that bad because I started eating it as SOY yogurt and not just regular yogurt.  It has a bit of soy undertones without much, so I think that's why it took a while to appreciate its taste.  It's interesting to try and I would buy it again.  But I heard the raspberry one tastes bleh so I'm glad the first one I tried was peach flavored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I really love reading your comments, they make my day <3 ^_____^